Hello, I am Aulikki, and I’m the Chief Business Development Officer here at Staticus. As one of Northern Europe’s leading façade contractors, we offer an end-to-end value chain that covers design, production, installation, and aftercare. This puts us in a unique position to deliver holistic and long-term sustainability initiatives that are genuinely impactful.
Our strategic initiatives comprise 5 key focus areas: transparency, partnerships, innovation in design and delivery, climate protection, and being a sustainable organisation.
We seek a Sustainability Lead to oversee our overall sustainability practices, fostering engagement with key stakeholders, pushing the limits for sustainable outcomes in our products and services provided on a project bases as well as in innovation and R&D, and addressing sustainability reporting.
We invite you to bring fresh ideas and innovative strategic thinking to both our external and internal sustainability efforts.
Your future role
- Strategy: Oversee the implementation of corporate sustainability and support the Staticus value chain in sustainability-related topics.
- Deliverables: Ensure regular and on-demand reporting of deliverables (both forecast and actual) aligned with our sustainability goals and roadmap and timely data input for strategic sustainability initiatives and projects;
- Reporting and Documentation: Own the annual company-wide sustainability reporting process, as well as other relevant project-based sustainability documentation
- Trends and Developments: Monitor building code adaptations and advise on relevant legislation, green building labelling, reporting frameworks, and more.
- Sustainability Calculation: Develop and optimise calculation methods for sustainability performance indicators and drive the integration of sustainability metrics into other departments and divisions.
- Carbon Reporting: Lead the process of carbon assessment within Staticus, including data collection and evaluation, maintenance of our carbon emissions database, and analysis and evaluation of our supply chain.
- Carbon Calculation for Projects: Support project-based carbon calculations and the analysis of relevant regulations and compliance.
- Carbon Footprint: Lead implementation of carbon reporting in our standardised processes and tools, and estimate and report our carbon footprint (Scope 1,2,3).
- Sustainability Communication: Lead our external and Internal communication on sustainability, and represent Staticus on sustainability topics.
- Brand Development: Strengthen our brand positioning in public work and our digital presence, ensuring that Staticus’s focus areas, projects, and results in sustainability are highly visible.
- Engagement: Engage with key stakeholders in the field of sustainability and maintain relationships.
- Research Institutions and Knowledge-sharing: Engage with research and educational institutions on relevant sustainability topics, and ensure the build-up of knowledge-sharing and sustainability awareness in-house
- Life-cycle Assessment: Coordinate the development and optimisation of calculation methods for the life cycle assessment of our products.
- R&D and Innovation: Contribute to our R&D and innovation projects, including our Circular Economy and Life Cycle Management initiatives, and Staticus Care, a long-term research project with a focus on the operational and end-of-life phases.
What do we expect from you?
- Education: A degree in Environmental Studies, Sustainability, or a similar field.
- Experience: A track record of at least 3 years leading the creation and implementation of sustainability projects and strategies. Knowledge of the construction industry and processes would be a plus.
- Technical Expertise: Strong knowledge of sustainability / ESG reporting frameworks, Carbon assessment and reporting practices, sustainability-related codes, legislation, and compliance. A good understanding of materials and façades would be a plus.
- Technology and Tools: The ability to work with the Microsoft Office suite, along with tools such as Revit, Rhino, ACAD, OneClick, or similar. The ability to quickly learn new tools and work on process improvement and digitalisation.
- Communication Skills: The ability to effectively communicate and present our sustainability strategy, initiatives, and results to external and internal stakeholders, including a high level of proficiency in English (C1 or above). The ability to express concepts and ideas fluently in writing and verbally.
- Leadership Skills: The ability to be an ambassador for Staticus, to be passionate and inspiring in an evident position, and to lead as a sustainability expert for external and internal stakeholders.
- Interpersonal Skills: The ability to build strong connections and relationships with your fellow professionals, and to be team-oriented, sharing information and being proactive.
- Analytical and Strategic Skills: Strong strategic and organisational skills, and the ability to think analytically and systematise data you receive and draw conclusions from it.
- Task Management Skills: The ability to manage different tasks concurrently, and a willingness to take the initiative, act autonomously, and work in a result-oriented manner.
- Readiness to Learn: Sustainability is a dynamic field. We expect you to commit to ongoing learning, and staying updated on trends, regulations, and emerging technologies.
What do we offer?
- Career Path: With 65% of our current management team having joined Staticus as specialists, we are a company that provides concrete pathways for your career development.
- Professional Growth: We offer our team a range of development opportunities, including international training courses and seminars.
- Work-life Balance: Flexible working hours and remote work possibilities (some of our colleagues work remotely or partially remotely).
- Tailored Company Benefits that Suit Your Preferences: These can include health insurance, study funding, or other offerings designed to support your well-being and professional growth.
Why join us?
- Long-term Sustainability: We are committed to sustainability and long-term thinking. Our sustainability strategy is focused on five key focus areas: transparency, partnerships, innovation in design and delivery, climate protection, and being a sustainable organisation.
- Market Pioneers: We work on bespoke projects across Europe, partnering with world-famous architects and general contractors. We are committed to robust future expansion and have solid plans for future growth in other markets including Austria, the Netherlands, and the United States of America.
- Benchmark-setting Projects: The projects we work on setting new standards for aesthetics and performance. Our high-end projects have an average value of EUR 30 million and feature tailored engineering solutions.
- Innovative Approaches: Our R&D team is on a relentless quest to pioneer innovative and sustainable solutions. For example, we designed, produced, and installed the first closed cavity façade in Northern Europe.
- Non-hierarchical Structure: As part of a company that offers a full value chain, you’ll have the rare opportunity to influence every stage of a project’s lifecycle. From conceptualisation to execution, your contributions will shape the entire process.
- Diversity: In our international company, team members share a global mindset.
- Professional Growth: You’ll become part of an environment where sharing expertise is a core principle. 90% of our colleagues say they receive consistent support from their peers, underscoring our commitment to teamwork and mutual growth.